Thursday, January 9, 2014

Quick Home-Made Gluten-Free Veggie Pizza

Ok, I must admit, recently I have become addicted to  a certain pizza chain's Veggie Pizza on a gluten-free crust. It is one of the best pizzas I think I have ever had.  However, I am not a fan of the price. I have been experimenting with different ingredients and flavors and I think I have come pretty close to the taste, just not the crust. However, by using Rudi's Multigrain Sandwich Bread, I came up with a quick, easy and CHEWY!!!! crust that is also gluten-free. The nice thing about using these slices of bread is that you can make as little or as much as you want, and don't have to waste a whole crust.

I make in the microwave to save on energy; it is quick and you don't have to wait for the oven to heat up and waste it for just one person. All of this goes in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds and it is done! 

 I used Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning, which has the exact same list of ingredients as pizza chain's garlic and herb sprinkle.
This seasoning is the KEY ingredient in matching the amazing taste! And though I am usually fond of fresh tomatoes on my pizza, I have opted to try Hunt's Roasted Garlic Diced Tomatoes, because of their rich flavor.


So, here's the list of ingredients:

Rudi's Multigrain Sandwich Bread
Fresh baby spinach
Red bell peppers
Fresh onions, diced
Fresh mushrooms
Hunt's roasted garlic diced tomatoes
Black olives,
Mozzarella cheese, grated
Feta cheese, crumbled
Provolone cheese, grated
Parmesian cheese, grated
Asiago cheese, grated
Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning
salt

Directions: Arrange the desired number of slices on a microwave-safe plate. Place spinach across bread. Top with five cheeses. Top with any or all of the above fresh toppings. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning and salt. Place in microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds.
Remove from oven and let cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment