Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Gluten-Free Sandwich bread

During the summer our family loves to have ham and cheese sandwiches with fresh lettuce and tomatoes from our garden. However, I have not been impressed with most gluten-free breads, and when I try to make bread from scratch it turns out crumbly. My favorite store-bought gluten-free bread is Andrea's whole grain bread baked fresh in St. Louis, and available at some Schnuck's grocery stores (http://www.andreasglutenfree.com/), although it is quite pricy and the loaves are small.

Most of the time I buy Schär gluten-free bread available at Walmart and grill it in butter
(I know, it's fattening), which makes it more palatable.

 And one of the most enjoyable parts of of our summer sandwich tradition is eating them picnic-style by our lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment