Wednesday, June 26, 2013

No Crust Pizza

Ok, that's not entirely true. This pizza technically has a crust; it just doesn't have any flour of any kind in it. But this is the official name of the recipe me mom fixed for me recently and so I'm sticking with it. Our whole family enjoyed this dish which was full of flavor. The only down side is the pieces should be cut with a knife and fork rather than eaten with the hands, unless it is well cooked, cooled well and cut into small pieces.

Crust

2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, thawed
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Topping
1 cup pizza sauce
pizza toppings of choice (I prefer fresh mushrooms, black olives, spinach, ham and bell peppers)
3/4 cup Asiago cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2-3 cups Mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a large round pizza pan. In a bowl mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese with electric mixer until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven.

Spread pizza sauce onto crust. Top with toppings and cheeses. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds scrumptious! I have made cauliflower crust before, but I love the idea of a cream cheese base. I will definitely have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete